Genevieve Szynski Obituary, Death – The South Bend Cubs organization and the entire community express their deepest condolences to the family of Genevieve Szynski, who gently passed away on Saturday. It is a tragic moment with many memories. As the first resident of the Ivy at Berlin Place, Genevieve was much more than that. She was a die-hard Cubs fan and sports fanatic. The enthusiasm that Genevieve had for baseball, and the Cubs in particular, was contagious.
- Michael Graham Obituary, From Charlotte, NC, Has Passed Away, Funeral Information
- Cody James Bennett And Tre Devon Lyons Death, St. Augustine Shooting Victims Identified
- Lorea Weiss Obituary, Resident Of Mobile Alabama, Has Passed Away, Tributes And Memorial
- Dolly Jacobs Obituary, Resident Of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Has Passsed Away – Death
- William Taylor Obituary, Lifelong Native Of The Crooked Oak Community Has Died – Death
People in South Bend will always remember her as the pioneer who lived at the Ivy on Berlin Place. Seeing her from her balcony, she became a common sight, yelling out her beloved team’s name with enthusiasm, “Go Cubs!” Everyone from her neighbors to other Cubs fans was captivated by her boundless energy and fanaticism. The South Bend Cubs organization extends its deepest sympathies to Genevieve’s family at this difficult time.
Her departure signifies the conclusion of a chapter at the Ivy at Berlin Place, where she bestowed extraordinary warmth and charisma upon the neighborhood. Genevieve Szynski was a cherished member of the South Bend Cubs family during her lengthy career, which began on January 2, 1927, and ended on November 18, 2023.
All those lucky enough to have witnessed her contagious enthusiasm for baseball will remember her spirit and love for the game with love. Together, the South Bend Cubs organization and the residents of Ivy at Berlin Place pay tribute to Genevieve, a lifelong Cubs fan who brought happiness, solidarity, and the genuine essence of the game to their beloved neighborhood, as they grieve her passing.